SDI Full Face Mask Diver
Divers often have a need, or want, to effectively communicate underwater. The SDI Full Face Mask Course is the perfect starting point. Full face mask diving allows the diver to relax and enjoy diving while not worrying about the second stage regulator staying in place. In addition, the full face mask will help insulate the diver from a cold water environment.
Who this course is for:
- The certified diver looking for more information about the different full face masks available and how to determine the correct one to meet their needs
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
What you can expect to learn:
The SDI Full Face Mask Diver Course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- Diver safety
- Increased diver safety
- Corrective lenses
- Increased air consumption
- Scuba quick connect/disconnect
- Surface supplied
- Diving with a full face mask
- Underwater Communications
- Types of communication equipment
- User/field maintenance and care
- Authorized servicing/preventive maintenance
- After use
Some of the required skills you will have to demonstrate include:
- Dive plan
- Equipment set up
- Proper donning and adjustment
- On the surface, switching from open to close
- Proper weighting
- Establish buoyancy and demonstration of buoyancy control
- Equalization techniques
- Clearing a partially flooded mask
- Remove and replace full face mask underwater
- free flowing full face mask
- Successfully switch to a back up mask
- Remove mask and utilization of alternate air source
- Alternate air source ascent
- Ascent and exit
- Log dive
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in diving activities without direct supervision of the SDI Instructor* so long as the following limits are adhered to:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
*Note: Junior divers (ages 10-14) must participate in diving activities with a parent, guardian, or dive professional.
Also, the SDI Full Face Mask Diver certification counts towards a single speciality rating to achieve the SDI Advanced Diver Development Program .
|6 Perks of Full Face Mask
Atlantic Scuba use Ocean Reef masks.
The course comprises of two dives and costs £185, without comms, £215 with comms.
Atlantic Scuba dive school, Cornwall, SDI UK.