The Dive Centre Technician course is a combination of several industry standard courses including:
- TDI Nitrox Gas Blender
- TDI Advanced Gas Blender
- TDI Oxygen (O2) Equipment Service Technician
- TDI Visual Inspection Procedures
- SDI Air Fill Station Operator
- Pressure Testing and Calibration Technician (DESTCo)
These courses are accepted in most countries around the world as being suitable to work as a technician in a dive centre. Some countries will operate their own system for cylinder testing, like the U.K. These courses will give you a reasonable amount of skill and information in each of their relative fields.
International Training VIP Inspector Elearning Course
International Training Visual Inspection Procedures
Become a high-pressure cylinder inspector today! The International Training Visual Inspection Procedures eLearning program allows a VIP Inspector candidate to complete much of the academic requirements of the course at their own pace and on their own time. This is the first step for an individual who wishes to learn to the skills necessary to complete visual inspections on high-pressure cylinders in compliance with OSHA regulations. You will have access to the information provided in this eLearning program indefinitely after your training has been completed.
The Visual Inspector Procedures Inspector course is a two step process:
- Step one is to complete this self-study academic program. This program will acquaint you with the history, rules and regulations, potential risks, and safe handling of high-pressure cylinders. It will also review fill station operations, compressor use and maintenance as well as identifying fill pressures, hydrostatic test stamps, and special markings on cylinders. This on-line program will also cover elements of valve repair, O2 cleaning cylinders, and the basis for performing visual inspections on composite, steel and aluminium cylinders
- Step two is to print out the on-line course completion certificate and your course progress report and meet with an active International Training Visual Inspection Procedures Instructor. Your instructor will review questions and concepts that were missed throughout the course exams to ensure 100 percent re-mediation of the materials. Once that is completed, your instructor will demonstrate and then evaluate skills and tools necessary to determine if a cylinder can remain in service and be safely filled and used. Upon successful completion of the practical evaluation with an Instructor, registrations will be submitted for processing, and you will receive your VIP Inspector certification.
Contact Us for more details.
This Cylinder Inspection Course is designed to promote safety in the care and maintenance of high-pressure scuba cylinders. The VIP program is intended to demonstrate to the scuba industry, a need to meet and exceed the minimum standards established by the Code of Federal Regulations. In addition, it is intended to train inspectors in the proper handling, filling, and inspection techniques, including the identification of the various defective conditions that can lead to cylinder rejection or condemnation. The course will also cover the operation and repair of valves, cleaning and maintenance and the operation of high pressure compressor systems.
Who this course is for:
- Wish to know more about the visual inspection procedures used in the compressed gas industry, not just scuba
- Wish to know how to properly handle high pressure cylinders
- Will be working with high pressure cylinders as part of their employment
- Minimum age 18
What you can expect to learn:
The Visual Inspections Procedures course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- Legal requirements, standards of the community
- Safe handling of cylinders
- Fill station operator rules and recommendations
- Identification of the various cylinder markings
- Legal/illegal filling requirements
- Filling procedures
- Tools and their uses
- Visual inspection indications
- Proper identification of the various defect conditions
- Criteria for rejection and condemnation of a cylinder
- Define the criteria for cylinder rejection
- Define the criteria for condemning a cylinder
- Other services
- Valve inspection and cleaning
- Compressor operations
- oxygen cleaning
- The basis for cylinder cleaning
- Visual inspection procedures
- Step by step walk-through of the inspection process
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course graduates may:
- Visually inspect high-pressure scuba cylinders for defective conditions that could cause a cylinder failure
- Train fill station operators (FSO) in the safe methods of handling, transporting and filling of high-pressure scuba cylinders
Also, the VIP certification counts towards a single speciality rating to achieve the SDI Advanced Diver Development Program.
Visual Inspection Procedures minimum requirements:
- Inspect a cylinder during the program
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Visual Inspection written examination with a score of at least 80%
- Demonstrate the ability to identify those conditions in a cylinder that would reject or condemn
- 1 day
- £235 (one to one), group discount will apply
This course is listed under both SDI & TDI as it belongs to both agencies under the International Training banner.