The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Referral course is the academic and confined water section of an entry-level certification course, designed to give you the necessary skills to safely conduct open water dives. Some of the many skills you will learn include buoyancy, proper weighting, marine conservation, equipment assembly, proper dive planning, and maintenance. The course covers all the basic knowledge about equipment, physiology and the marine environment while training students to perform basic skills underwater. This course is the key to start exploring dive destinations around the globe. During the course you will complete 5 academic modules, 5 confined water modules with us at Atlantic Scuba. The 4 open water dives can then be completed at any dive centre, at the location of your choice. When you complete the course you are eligible to dive as a certified diver.
- 5 academic modules, combining self study, audio visual and classroom lectures to gain maximum effect.
Confined Water Training:
- 4 confined water modules to learn and develop essential diving skills.
Open Water Dives:
- To be completed at a dive centre of your choice, in a location of your choice,
- £185.00, this covers the training materials, whether on-line or book based. It also covers the confined water pool training. The price of the Open Water dives vary from dive centre to dive centre.
- Academic Home Study must be completed prior to attending the first classroom session. A copy or the original completed ‘Knowledge Quest Answer Booklet’ must be turned in at that time in order for student to continue with course.The home study can also be completed entirely on-line.
- by Atlantic Scuba for the confined water training. It is suggested that you purchase your own Mask, Fins and Snorkel.
Students are responsible for their own transportation to & from the training locations.
- £100.00 at time of booking. Balance due at the beginning of the course.
Atlantic Scuba dive school, SDI in Cornwall, UK.