The Kwark NAVY undersuit is a high performing undersuit, nearly all of the Atlantic Scuba instructors and staff now use them. They keep us warm, even in cold quarries in the middle of winter. A few of us use the thinner Kwark Power Stretch Pro suits during the summer.
Most people who try them, buy them. Here are some of the comments made by customers:
- The most comfortable suit I have ever worn
- It doesn’t restrict me at all
- It is so easy to get on and take off
- It was so warm when I put it on, I couldn’t wait to get into the water to cool down
- It’s brilliant, I don’t want to take it off after a dive
The main selling point of Kwark under suits, is the fact they are so flexible. They hug your body and move with it, rather than gaping and the trapped air shifting around. This is what Kwark say about their suits………..
Polartec® Power Stretch® Pro™ fabrics feature body hugging 4-way stretch and are very breathable. They keep you dry when you sweat and provide warmth without weight.
These fabrics feature a proprietary construction with two unique surfaces: a durable nylon outer layer is wind and abrasion resistant; the soft polyester inner layer pulls moisture away from your skin keeping you dry, warm and comfortable. The fabrics excel at handling the demands of the next-to-skin environment.
Available only in black with your own choice of stitching colour. Red stitching in ladies sizes and blues stitching in men’s sizes are stocked in the U.K.
The material was produced on special order from the U.S. Army Special Forces Divers, in order to meet all the required parameters for long-diving in cold waters. Thermally, the NAVY Body Warmer is equivalent to traditional warmers based on Thinsulate weighing about 400 g/m. However, the NAVY has many advantages, about which users of such conventional warmers can only dream of.
- The primary advantage of the NAVY is its flexibility. This is not a medieval knight armour with which thick warmers are associated with.
- It is very comfortable and gives you a full range of motion.
- It’s easy to put on a dry suit on it, NAVY doesn’t roll up
- Provides very good air flow.
- It is very light, weighing less than 1.5 kg.
- Compared to conventional warmers, allows reduce the ballast of at least 2 kg.
- Maintains great thermal comfort, also after drenching.
- Perfectly wicks sweat away from the body.
- It is very well impregnated anti-bacterially and does not smell.
- Dries up in a few hours (after complete flooding or washing).
- There is no limit to number of washing, it can be spin-dried.
- Tailor-made durable flat seams provide comfort.
- It is soft and pleasant to the touch. It does scrub or irritate the skin.
- Three pockets, including one with a zip
- A stand-up collar doesn’t collide with an isolation near the neck
- A fold protects from cooling down through the zip, “a garage for the zip” protects the neck and a flexible sleeve
- A two-way zip (zipping with double sliders)
- Strings allow the air to flow freely into the dry gloves
- Comfortable constrictive rubber bands in legs
- Slots for a P-valve and a heating cable – at the request with a possibility to agree on its location
- Possibility to choose a colour of the thread
Below are the metric size guides used at Kwark.
In the chart, unisex sizes are described as XS, S, M, L, XL and XXL. These can be both for men and women.
However, for ladies of more feminine shapes we would recommend the specially designed women’s clothes and women’s chart. The models for hourglass shaped women (Marilyn Monroe’s shape) are marked with MM*. For them, the line marked as ‘chest MM*’ applies.
The unisex and women’s size charts differ not only in hips, chest and waist proportions.
If you look carefully at the different dimensions, you will notice that the height in larger women’s sizes is lower than in the corresponding unisex chart. In small sizes the difference between the charts is less noticeable. However, the contrast becomes much more significant in larger sizes.
It is worth to take time and accurately measure yourself in order to find the right size. Kwark’s clothes last many years so it is important that they are well-fitted. Good fit is crucial in case of the Power Stretch clothes, especially if you want to take full advantage of the fabric properties.
Power Stretch clothes should be closely-fitted but without squeezing the body. It is a very flexible fabric so do not compare your body size or other clothing with flatly laid Power Stretch clothes. The dimensions will not be the same. Please trust our experience in this matter. We have been working with such flexible fabrics (like Power Stretch) for many years and we have already dressed thousands of users.
The dimensions given in the table represent body measurements, not clothing. It is important to accurately measure the body. In order to do it well, please use the silhouette forms (male or female). These may be downloaded here:
What if the dimensions from the table differ from yours?
Kwark can help everyone to find the right size. In the case of large discrepancies, they can also produce clothes made to measure. Surcharge is determined individually. To determine the exact price, they will need to receive a completed silhouette form from you. Making small changes, such as, for example, Medium size item of Large length, costs only an extra 5%.
Please note: Custom-made clothes will not be refunded or exchanged.
Cornwall’s only Kwark stockist and retailer