The SDI Divemaster Course is the first professional level certification. During this course you will be challenged and learn what it is like to work with divers as they experience the underwater world for the first time and you will learn how to lead already certified divers and show them some of your favourite critters or dive sites. Your SDI Instructor will also teach you how to manage divers, work the dive deck of a boat, and conducting safe and enjoyable dives. Other things you can expect to learn is diving Physics and Physiology, and being a professional SDI Divemaster. Your skills will be refined to demonstration quality and your knowledge increased to that of a professional. After you have completed the SDI Divemaster course you can move onto the SDI Assistant Instructor Course where you will learn more about academic presentations and have the ability to teach certain SDI specialities.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years old, unless otherwise stated.
- Be certified as an Advanced Diver (advanced certification must include: Deep, Navigation, and Night & Limited Visibility specialities)
- Be certified as a Rescue Diver
- Hold a current CPR and First Aid certification (i.e. a valid and current CPR1st Certification)
- Have a current medical examination for diving.
- Have a minimum of forty (40) logged dives.
Equipment You Will Need
- Basic Open Water SCUBA equipment
- Please contact for details, there are several options from internships to crash courses.