The Atlantic Scuba Deluxe Open Water Course comprises of the SDI Open Water Course plus four extra Open Water dives, 2 of which will be from our boat. The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course is an entry-level certification course designed to give you the necessary skills to safely conduct open water dives. Some of the many skills you will learn include buoyancy, proper weighting, marine conservation, equipment assembly, proper dive planning, and maintenance. The course covers all the basic knowledge about equipment, physiology and the marine environment while training students to perform basic skills underwater. This course is the key to start exploring dive destinations around the globe or just in your backyard. During the course you will complete 5 academic modules, 5 confined water modules, and 4 open water dives. When you complete the course you are eligible to dive as a certified diver. That is then followed by four more Open Water dives to build your experience and confidence. In this day and age so many people want to cut things as short as possible, why not gain that extra bit of experience?
- 5 academic modules, combining self study, audio visual and classroom lectures to gain maximum effect.
Confined Water Training:
- 4 confined water modules to learn and develop essential diving skills.
Open Water Dives:
- 4 open water dives where students apply what they have learned in confined water and classroom training sessions. Followed by the 4 additional open water dives, skills by request only, it’s about gaining experience.
- £700.00 based on shore diving (last 2 dives are boat dives and are included) and on a ‘one to one’ basis, discounts available for two or more students. Apart from the first two dives, any of the other dives can be completed from our boat, for an additional £25 per dive.
- Academic Home Study must be completed prior to attending the first classroom session. A copy or the original completed ‘Knowledge Quest Answer Booklet’ must be turned in at that time in order for student to continue with course.
- by Atlantic Scuba throughout entire course including open water – Tank, Regulator, B.C., Dive Computer, All Air Fills, Weights, Student Manuals and Video. We will endeavour to get a wetsuit that fits, but due to the range of sizes of people it is suggested that you purchase your own (we will advise you on what you will require), as well as Mask, Fins and Snorkel.
Students are responsible for their own transportation to & from the proper locations.
- £100.00 at time of booking. Balance due at the beginning of the course.
Atlantic Scuba dive school, Cornwall’s specialist dive centre, UK.